Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Down but not out

Pneumonia 


Talk about taking the wind out of your sail. I started to feel ill on May 15th. 
Went to the doctor a few days later and they said it was a virus. Gave me a doughnut and told me to stick closer to church oriented activities.

A week goes by and I go back and they told me I am upgraded to bronchitis.  They gave me antibiotics and told me to drink plenty of fluids.

Another week goes by and I am feeling like death warmed over. I couldn't blow out a candle if I tried and I was hacking everything but the kitchen sink.
Swabs, x-rays, poking and touching and a breathing treatment later they declare it is pneumonia. They gave me more and stronger antibiotics, steroids and a at home inhaler told me to get lots of rest and watch daytime TV.

I kinda took the advise, I took the drugs and breather and I slept like a rock at night but I still needed to go to work.
I only sat in the office and did paperwork but each day at around 11 I needed to go home for lunch and a 2 hour nap and come back in till around 4 or so. I was exhausted.
I sat on the couch all weekend watching the US Open and I am defiantly on the mend.

35 days.

Like I said down but not out.
Tim

No comments: