Monday, May 30, 2011

South of the border

I always wanted to make tamales, I found a cool website to take me step by step and it is a two day process. Worth the effort through and through. Day one is the meat cooking and what better way to cook and shred meat to, than listening to Further 3/12/2011 New York with the Clashs Train In Vain.
Now I got a job
But it don't pay
I need new clothes
I need somewere to stay
But without all these things I can do
But without your love I won't make it through.



Day two is the assembly process, spread gooey mesa and fill with pork and chicken and roll a way the dew. I thought the recipe was for 4 dozen, I ended with about 90. That's OK cause they freezer real nice. What better way to roll up a pot of fat ones than to listen to The Grateful Dead 10/26/1989 in Miami. Oh my second set is as gooey as the mesa. Dark Star was way way out there.

Shall we go
You and I
While we can?
Through
The transitive nightfall
Of diamonds.



I also made a couple of gallons of shrimp-scallop bisque, and a tomato and black bean salad. The bisque will also freeze well for some easy summer dinners. Whats this? All along the watchtower?

There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.



The finish product was delightfull, the bisque was spicy, the salad was cold, and the tamales of corse were hot, hot, hot.
For dinner we listened to Jerry Garcia Band 3-12-83 Beverly Hills.

Second that emotion> Valerie> Don't let go . Good stuff.

Well, if you feel like giving me a lifetime of devotion
I second that emotion.

All in all everyone was full and happy I spent the day in the kitchen.

Over cooked,
Tim

No comments: