Monday, March 17, 2008

Old Pictures with New memories.


















Here are some old pictures I have from 7/07 from a private party I went to in Ross, California.
Once in a lifetime thing there.

My wife (Ana) and I went to Big Cypress to see Phil and freinds on Sun 3/9/08.
Half way down I relized I forgot my camera. BUMMER.

Set 1
Sugar Magnolia>
Uncle Johns Band>
The Wheel>
Cumberland Blues>
Gone Wandering>
Cumberland Blues
Help On The Way>
Slipknot!>
Franklins Tower

A very annoying 30 min. imfomertial on getting people to vote.

Set 2
China Cat Sunflower>
I know you rider
New Speedway Boogie>
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
Unbroken Chain>
(NASA Like) Space>
The Golden Road To Unlimited Devotion>
Viola Lee Blues

Donor Rap and Intros
E. Casey Jones

Jackie Greene absolutely amazing, skinny and lanky with jerky movements and guitar playing. Adds alot of youth and energy to the stage. Plays guitar, keyboard, harmonica and maracas.
Oh by the way he belts out the tunes also.

Larry Campbell more of a relaxed guitar player, gets better every time I see him. Been there done that type of attitude, just another day at the office.

John Molo keeps a beat and hits the drums with incredible energy and I don't think he ever took a rest the whole time the band was on the stage. He is like the energizer bunny. 3 1/2 hours worth.

Steve Molitz, when he plays the keyboards he feels every note he plays, shakes, wiggles, and flows with every move on his keyboard. (my wife loved watching him). He reminded me of a man with no backbone, all jelly-like.

Phil Lesh can still drop those base bombs like nobody business. He smiles and laughs the entire show, loves who he is with and loves what he does. Jackie Greene has him acting like a 20 year old kid again.

Smokin set list, Started with very good energy and excellent sound and just picked up steam from there.
1st set highlights were Cumberland Blues and Jakie greenes song Gone wandering.
2nd set was on fire. China cat set the tone, New speedway was explosive I thought Jackie was going to bust, "somethings gotta give" Unbroken chain had an incredible jam followed bu a space that sounded like a space ship taking off and landing, into golden road WOW!!!
"take a vacation and fall out for a while,
summers comming in like its going out of style"
One of my all time favs.
3 1/2 hours of bliss, coool crowd and way coooool security.

If I was 20 years younger I think I would be touring again!

Till next time,
Tim


No comments: